Wednesday 9 September 2015

Wingnut and Widget

You may recall some time back that at the start of this voyage of discovery I had to sell the two horses I had because they were getting to the stage where I needed to be spending time training them and I couldn't do that due to hospital appointments, PICC lines and generally expecting to shuffle off the mortal coil in the next few months.

However now that things have stabilised I have either done a very smart or very stupid thing. Please say hello to Wingnut and Widget

Fig 25b: The meanest desperado ponies this side of the Pecos
 

I've been moderately sensible here in that these two (Widget is the skewbald [brown and white] one and Wingnut is the grey) are a pair of rescue ponies from a horse charity and when things finally go hairy and I have to go for a personal appointment with Epona the Horse Goddess they can go back and Mrs D doesn't have to go through all the problems of selling them. In the meantime I get these cheeky chappies to make a fuss of. They're not riding ponies, just a couple of ambulatory lawnmowers really but it's nice to have horses back here again and if nothing else it's keeping me fit wandering round the paddock every day collecting poo.
Fig 37: Charge!
 
As you can see here they're not very big (11hh and 12.3hh respectively) so they're cheap to feed and easy to handle and with any luck they'll be able to stay here for a good while.
 
And I get to lurk around tack shops for brushes and headcollars. What's not to like.
 
Fig 86a: The grooming parlour is open - shiny pony time
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful! May you enjoy them for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete